Monday, October 9, 2017

First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage, Here Comes Baby in the Baby Carriage

    After 5 years of dating, 5 months of being engaged and 3 months of being married, Bill and I decided that maybe it would be fun to have a little one to share our lives with sometime in the near-ish future. Well, the little one kind of decided that it wanted to make an appearance earlier than any of us thought it would! Our little bundle of joy is expected to be here Easter 2018! Our little bunny!
    As of right now I am 15 weeks pregnant and ready for week 16 and the relief that the 2nd Trimester will hopefully bring. My morning sickness has been so much fun! (NOT!) It's not just morning sickness, either, its mainly night sickness for me!
    We took a test on the 24th of July and were so happy, scared, excited, nervous, anxious, and many other emotions I couldn't even begin to describe. Though we weren't even "trying" to have a baby, we were so happy to find out that we were going to be parents and couldn't wait to share the news. However, we decided to wait, just a while, to tell our families and friends. We wanted to be selfish and keep it between us for a little while.
    Well, my morning sickness got so bad in my 7th and 8th weeks that I got very dehydrated and my parents started to notice I wasn't feeling well. My mom said, "you aren't pregnant are you?" one day before work when I was over at my Grandma's house with her. I told her, "well, about that. Yea, I am." Needless to say she was shocked, but very excited that she was going to be a Grandma. And I kept my promise to her, that she would be the first one, besides me or Bill, that would know I was pregnant. She helped me keep it from my dad until that Sunday, which was their wedding anniversary and when we decided would be a good time to tell him and my brother.
    That was August, 8th. On August 10th, I was struck by a car while walking in the cross-walk, home to my Grandma's from work. I was able to get out of the way of the car for the most part so I didn't get as much of the impact as I would have otherwise; but I was/am still hurt pretty badly. My purse and jacket shielded my abdomen and torso from most of the impact, and I believe that was both mine and the baby's saving grace. Had that purse not been there, I feel my injuries could have been far worse and who knows what else could have happened.
    On Sunday the 13th, we told my dad and brother, and my brother couldn't have been more excited if I had told him he had just won the million dollar jack pot. My dad was kind of in shock and noticeably less excited. When I asked him about it a couple weeks later, he said that he still couldn't believe it and that he never, ever thought that he would live to see his grand children. And that he didn't want to get too excited because he felt he would jinx it. I told him that could never happen and that it was very okay to be excited. Ever since then, he has been buying Harley Davidson onesies, accessories and stuff for the baby.
    On the 17th of August we told Bill's mom and Stepdad the news. His mom was very curious what was in the gift we had brought them, thinking it was a gag gift or a joke box of some kind. However, when they opened it, read the letter and saw what was in the box, they were so overjoyed. David has never had kids of his own and only has my husband and sister-in-law as step-children. He is so excited to get to be in this little one's life and watch it grow.
    Telling the rest of Bill's family was the difficult part. Tell his grandparents before his Dad and Stepmom and his grandparents would break the news before we could, and vise versus. And one of them would tell Bill's sister who lives in Kansas or they would forget and she would be the last to know. So we decided a dinner with his dad, step-mom and grandparents would be the easiest way to tell them and so after several weeks of trying to coordinate schedules and get everyone together, we finally set a dinner date for Labor day. That weekend, Bill's mom and Step-dad were flying to Kansas to see his sister, which also meant they would be a proxy for us to tell Bill's sister she was going to be an Aunt, all in one day.
    Well, either someone spilled the beans or his family is really good at guessing. They totally knew what was up. His grandma said, "ooh, maybe the box is an 'announcement' of some sort". Then his dad had a look on his face that said he knew what was going on, too. So, surprise ruined there.
    But Erika, she was very excited. We called her from the car on the way home, and told her she was going to be an Aunt. Her response was, "to a dog or a baby?!" When we said baby, she squealed and told us she started crying and it was the best day ever. She sent a really long, nice text to Bill later about how excited she was but sad she didn't live closer so she could be more involved but that she would be the best aunt she could be!
    On August 31st, we got to see our little bunny for the very first time during my ultrasound. He is a little wiggler! The tech was having trouble getting some good pictures because the little nugget kept doing flips and moving around! I can't wait until I can actually feel it happen!
   I have another OB appointment here in a couple of weeks and by that time I will be going into my 15th or 16th week, and maybe if we are lucky we will get to find out what we are having! If not, it will probably be after the next appointment! Bill really wants a boy, and I can tell my brother and dad definitely want a boy, but I will be happy either way.
    After years of baby fever and knowing that this is exactly what I want, I am just so happy that it is actually happening. I still have trouble believing it some days! I am so excited to bring this bundle of joy into the world--half of me and half of the love of my life, my forever dance partner, my forever goodnight kiss. I can't wait to hold our little bunny and kiss it's cheeks, hold it close and give it all the love I have in my heart. I already love this little baby so much and I can't wait to meet our little baby!
    But most of all, I can't wait to see Bill see our baby for the first time. I can't wait to see how his eyes light up, the smile on his face, the tears in his eyes, the obvious and absolute love and dedication on his face. To know that this baby will have him as a father, is more than I could have ever asked for. This baby will have the most supportive, endearing and loving man to look up to and call daddy, and I couldn't be happier about that.

No comments: