Saturday, November 25, 2017

The First Kick: Halloween 2017

    The coolest, most awesome thing happened recently: I felt, and actually saw, my baby kick for the first time. Up until that point I had only felt little flutters at random times that I couldn't be sure were my baby kicking. On Halloween, my pregnancy app told me that the baby's heartbeat may be able to be heard with a stethoscope. So what do I do? I get my stethoscope out, lay very still and listen very carefully.

    I carefully moved the stethoscope over my belly and waited for any sort of sound. I was watching my stomach to make sure that my stethoscope was in a good place and all of a sudden my stethoscope bounced off of my stomach. The baby had kicked my stethoscope so hard that it removed it from my tummy in my hand! It was the single most amazing thing to me! I called Bill in to tell him what happened and to see if the baby would do it again so he could feel it or see it happen! The baby kept quiet, like it was our little secret.

    I still have yet to hear the heart beat, but I feel the kicking throughout the day and it makes me even more and more excited to meet our little baby!

No comments: