Saturday, September 16, 2017

Mr. and Mrs. Pierce - Established June 3, 2017

    On June 3rd, just after 6 p.m., I married the love of my life, my best friend, my partner in crime. From meeting at Pizza Hut almost 7 years ago, to falling in love, buying a house, and everything in between, we couldn't be happier or have been more ready for this step in our life.
    The day started out in a hurry and went by so quickly! I got up in the morning with my family--I stayed at my parents house the night before. I couldn't have asked for a better last morning as a Van Matre. I woke up in my old room, in my old house, with my brother, and both of my parents near by. It has been almost 2 years since that has happened. We all got up and went to Denny's for breakfast before starting wedding preparations.
     My veil that we had ordered 2 weeks before still hadn't arrived so we hauled butt around town trying to find one and finally did at David's bridal around noon. Whew! My maid of honor and I headed back to the Church to finish decorating and other preparations. We blew up balloons, put the tablecloths on, decorated the Sanctuary, finished the centerpieces as well as making all of the desserts and appetizers for the reception.

    Next was my hair appointment at 2 p.m..  Thankfully it was literally 30 seconds away from the church and took me no time to get there. During this time, our photographer was taking pictures of all of the little details of our wedding: our rings, flowers, jewelry. She was so amazing and experienced that nothing phased her! Our pictures were supposed to start at 4 p.m. at the Church for the girls' getting ready pictures. My hair/makeup appointment didn't end until 5 p.m. Just one hour before the wedding was supposed to start! I was freaking out the whole appointment and worried I was going to look terrible! I was wearing more makeup than I ever had in my entire life, I hadn't seen my hair so I didn't know what it looked like and I was running so late that I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. I am not a late person.
    Thankfully, our amazing photographer went ahead and got the pictures of the guys getting ready and some of the girls and kiddos as they got ready. When I finally arrived, she was ready to jump in and start taking pictures of me getting my dress on and the finishing touches, as well as a "First Look" with my father.

    I decided to do a 'First Look" with my dad instead of my Fiance because I wanted to see the look on my fiance's face when he first saw me start to come down the isle towards him. I wanted that special moment. I also wanted a moment with my dad. I am such a Daddy's girl that I wanted him to be the first man that saw me dolled up and ready to go. He is so special to me and there have been many times in my life when I didn't think that he would ever be able to see me get married and to have him be there, it was so special and an amazing gift.

    There was about 30 minutes between the time that I finished getting ready and the time I walked down the isle. I couldn't stop thinking about who all was going to actually be at the wedding, if the guys had figured out their bowties, if my grandma was okay. A million little things were running through my head! I was nervous about everything except walking down the isle because I knew what was waiting for me: an amazing man that God brought into my life and a future full of love and adventure. I knew I was ready.




I walked arm-in-arm with the first man to love me, towards the man I would marry and it was like a dream. I didn't see anyone else except for him. I didn't notice anything else, except for him. I barely noticed my dad next to me, slowing me down--I just could't wait to get down the isle to the love of my life. When we got the pictures back, I absolutely loved that we got the look on his face when he saw me for the first time. Seeing the way he looks at me, I can feel the love of that moment over and over again.









We said our vows, we tied the knot (literally) and we shared our first kiss as Mr. and Mrs. Pierce. It was a magical kiss (that yes, did take a little bit of rehearsing before hand!) that I won't ever forget! And it also caused some priceless reactions! My ring-bearer, and little cousin, Darien, had some of the best reactions and moments throughout the ceremony. He danced around, thumped himself in the head at least a dozen times, made some adorably cute faces and stood in awe during our vows and Hand-Fasting ceremony. I couldn't have imagined a better ring-bearer! I have loved being able to watch him grow up and can't wait to show him these pictures when he gets older!



After the ceremony, we took some family pictures. One of my favorites is of us with my in-laws because I absolutely love the family that I married into and couldn't have asked for a greater blessing. With two sets of parents, one set of grandparents and a sister-in-law (not in this picture), I couldn't have hit a better jack-pot! Though we definitely don't agree on some things, we all get along amazingly and there is an abundance of love and laughter.



During this, I also got a very special picture with my grandmother, who is almost 102. It was such a blessing and a miracle in many ways, to have her there. She has lived to see so much, both of my brother and I being born when she was 77 and 79, both of our high school graduations at 96 and 98, my brother's college graduation at 100 and my wedding at 101. She has been with us for so many things that we could never take her for granted!











It was really the best day of our lives and we can't wait to see what the future holds for us! Here are some of my other favorite pictures from the day! We were surrounded by so many amazing people and it was a day filled with such love and joy and many, many blessings!










Our Wedding Party










                                                           One of my favorite pictures!







The boys being able to go from this:












To this:








To this:

in just a matter of a minute!











And one of my personal favorites: a beautiful bridal picture in front of the lavender. Our photographer was so amazing!

No comments: